Terms and Conditions
Bidding on and buying auction assets on www.rjsauctionservice.com and its affiliated websites are subject to the series of obligations and rules below.
All bidders are responsible to become familiar with the terms used on this website and for this auction. Some of these terms include, but are not limited to, the following: NICS, Sold "AS-IS, WHERE IS", warranties, expressed or implied; merchantability; with any and all faults and defects; abandoned property, and buyer's premium.
All items in this auction are located within the Topeka city limits. The majority of the personal property is located in SW Topeka in the Lake Sherwood area and the toys and firearms are located in the south Topeka area. The exact location will be provided to the winning bidder.
All winning bidders MUST pay by credit card. All firearm buyers MUST have residence in the state of Kansas. Some lots in this auction will require a deposit to ensure all items are removed from the lot area. The deposit required may vary by lot and will be charged to your credit card. Once the area has been completely cleared of all items to the satisfaction of Auction Company the deposit will be credited back to your card. Failure to completely clear your area will result in the forfeiture of your deposit.
Other Terms and Conditions include the following:
1. RJ's Auction Service AND SELLER FURNISH ALL AUCTION ASSETS TO BUYERS "AS IS," UNSUPPORTED, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
2. RJ's Auction Service AND SELLER DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
3. Assets are sold in their actual current condition, with any and all faults and defects, and with all errors of description. RJ's Auction Service liability to a purchaser will never exceed the purchase price actually paid for an asset.
4. All firearm bidders MUST reside in the state of Kansas and pass a NICS background check, and sign all necessary documents, before the sale is considered final. All procedures outlined will be followed in accordance with my FFL.
5. Bidders accept all auction assets "with any and all faults", whether or not immediately apparent.
6. Bidders are responsible for ascertaining actual current condition through personal inspection (when available) and careful review of the description, pictures, video and/or any other supporting documentation.
7. Every bidder agrees that his or her decision to bid and the amount he or she bids have been based solely on his or her own independent inspection and evaluation of the auction assets regardless of whether that inspection was in person or by use of written description and photos/video.
8. Bidders are strongly advised by RJ's Auction Service to take care to satisfy all questions or concerns about the auction process, bidding process or auction assets before placing a bid.
9. Buyers are responsible for the cost of auction asset mobilization, disassembly, rigging, transport, insurance and all other costs related to physical transfer of auction assets from their location at the time auction bidding ends.
10. If the pictures displayed with descriptions do not appear to match, contact email@example.com or call 785-224-4492 to report the auction date and item number.
11. ASSETS DEEMED ABANDONED - CONSEQUENCES - Assets not claimed by the buyer within the time specified in the auction's specific terms and conditions will be deemed "abandoned property," regardless of whether payment has been received by RJ's Auction Service or the seller, the transaction between the seller and buyer is cancelled without further notice or process and those assets may be resold.
12. ABSENTEE BIDS - While RJ's Auction Service will make every effort to assist bidders, we do not accept absentee bids.
13. BID RESCISSION AND REJECTION - RJ's Auction Service reserves the right to rescind or reject any and all bids.
14. BID RETRACTION - Buyers agree not to retract any bid they place on the site.
15. BUYER'S PREMIUM - A 10% Buyer's Premium will be added to the high bid for each lot sold to establish the final selling price.
16. SALES TAX - All sales are subject to appropriate state sales tax laws. THERE WILL BE NO SALES TAX CHARGED OR COLLECT FOR THIS AUCTION. Winning bidders have the burden of proving their exemption from sales taxes to RJ's Auction Service.
17. ASSET TRANSFER AND RISK OF LOSS POST-AUCTION - Assets will not be released to buyers until full payment to RJ's Auction Service has been received and funds confirmed. An auction asset becomes the full responsibility of the buyer at the close of bidding on that asset, and the buyer immediately assumes all risk of loss and damage to the asset.
18. AUCTIONEER'S DISCRETION - RJ's Auction Service has full discretion to modify the date and time, order, and details of the sale of any asset or conduct of any auction for any reason or no reason at all, including but not limited to technical issues, emergencies, and convenience of United Country Heart of America Real Estate & Auction or the seller.
19. CHOICE OF LAW AND VENUE; WAIVER - In any matters in which RJ's Auction Service and/or any of its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents or assigns is made a party, the law of the State of Kansas shall apply, without regard to its law pertaining to conflict of laws, and any dispute shall be decided in the courts of Shawnee County, Kansas. All claimants consent to the personal jurisdiction of those courts.
20. Auctioneer may waive any provision of these Terms and Conditions, but only in writing. No such waiver shall effect any other provisions of these Terms and Conditions, nor shall it amount to a permanent waiver of that particular provision.
21. If there is anything relevant to these "Terms and Conditions" of auction that you do not understand, please contact RJ's Auction Service before placing a bid.
22. By placing a bid indicates full understanding and acceptance of these terms, along with the agreement to be so bound.
Updated: March 7, 2018
Richard H. Garvin CAI, ATS, GPPA, CES
Manager and Senior Auctioneer for
RJ's Auction Service